Friday, February 3, 2012

Christian Books Publishers and Authors

After months spent searching for Faith based books, I've found great publishing sources. I pinned a few on my Children's Books board on Pinterest.  A few I couldn't find websites for the actual publishers or they couldn't be pinned so I decided to post an entry here.  I have not been able to find quality faith based books for toddlers through craigslist, the library or half price book stores. Ebay was the most successful shopping site. Even Amazon can be a bit too helpful and overwhelming and yet not specific at the same time. This process is an investment worth the time and money pursing for several reasons.

First, I enjoy reading and want to encourage that for my boys. I read the dictionary ( I know, nerd alert) when I was in 5th/ 6th grade along with every biography I could get my hands on.
Second, What a child reads begins to frame expectations, world views and values.
Third, In all ways Christ comes first in our family

So for me, this is worth the monthly school supply budget. I've polled friends on Facebook and had discussions with fellow moms about Christ centered children's books. It's been a bit frustrating at times searching. I finally hit a jackpot when I started going to the publisher's sites. I've spent weeks looking for Easter books focused on the Resurrection for Toddler/ preschool age. This is a big concept to break down and begin to explain life, death and the sacrifice of our Lord. It's one of the main pillars of which our faith, the capstone. I had almost resigned myself to the fact that maybe it would just need to wait a year or two to have the support of books to help introduce these concepts. Then, today I happily came across more titles than our single monthly homeschool budget can handle :-) I pinned my finds on my April/ Resurrection Board, feel free to check it out.


Here are the Publisher's of the current books we have. It was fun to catalog our library books :-)

I realized I had been  favoring a few choice authors that I highlighted on my Children's Books board namely Patricia Pingry, Michelle Medlock Adams, Crystal Bowman, Lisa Bergren and Liz Curtis Higgs.

The Advent Jesse Tree
Abingdon Press

We Light the Candles:Devotions Related to Family Use of the Advent Wreath
Ausburg Fortress

Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children and Jesus is With Me by Debby Anderson
Chariot Victor Publishing 

The Story of ....(Daniel and the Lion's Den, Joseph, Baby Jesus, David and Goliath, Moses, Noah's Ark, Adam & Eve, Jonah & the Whale. 2 for $1 at Dollar General.
God ... (Will Bless, Always Helps,  Always Forgives, Watches Over) Us
Series of 4 books that tell the words to the songs... "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands", "Jesus Loves the Little Children", "This Little Light of Mine" and "If You're Happy and you Know It"
Clever Factory (The)  by Cuddly Duck Productions distributed by Greenbrier International.
Found at the Dollar Store

Mary's Christmas Story
When Jesus was Born
Three Presents for Baby Jesus
Concordia Publishing House Arch Books

My ABC Bible Verses by Susan Hunt

Most of All, Jesus Loves you! by Noel Piper
Crossway Publishing

The Preschooler's Bible
Faith Kids by Cook Communications


My Little Bible Stories (David & Goliath, The Story of Moses, Noah's Ark & The Ten Commandments)
Dear God Kidsseries....
Flying Frog Publishing

The Story of ....(Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day) by Patricia Pingry
If Jesus ... (Lived Inside my Heart , Walked Beside Me) by Jill Roman Lord
What is... Thanksgiving by Michelle Medlock Adams
Happy Birthday Jesus by Michelle Medlock Adams
The Christmas Story by Patricia Pingry
Candy Cane Press, an imprint of 
IdealsBooks - A Guideposts Company

I Can Learn Bible Stories: Match and Learn by Gwen Ellis
Kregel Publications

First Bible Stories
Parragon Books

Jesus Loves Me
Picture Me Press

Let's Shine Jesus' Light on Halloween
Let's Celebrate God's Blessings on Thanksgiving
My Merry Christmas  by Sally Lloyd Jones
Life and Look, Jesus Loves Me
The Best Thing About Christmas by Christine Harder Tangvald
Standard Publishing

100 Ways to Know God Loves Me by Stephen Elkins
The (Pumpkin Patch, Pine Tree) Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs
You Are Special, You are Mine, If I Only Had a Green Nose &  Best of All by Max Lucado
Thomas Nelson


Jesus Loves me More Than That  by Dandi Daley Mackall
God Gave Us ... ( You, Two, Love, Christmas) by Lisa Tawn Bergren
WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing

The Beginners Bible
The Story for Little Ones by Max Lucado & Randy Frazee
VeggieTales
My Valentine Story by Crystal Bowman
Berenstain Bears books by Jan & Mike Berenstain

My Thanksgiving Prayer by Crystal Bowman
Give Thanks to the Lord by Karma Wilson

Who Was There on Christmas Night  by Laurie Lazzaro Knowlton
Jesus, Me and My Christmas Tree  by Crystal Bowman
Christmas Angels by Crystal Bowman
The Star for Jesus by Crystal Bowman
J is for Jesus by Crystal Bowman
The 12 Days of Christmas by Helen Haidle
ZonderKidz


 I will give a mention to one other Publisher for their focus on boys and the additional support via printable they provide:

Thanksgiving is for Giving Thanks by Margaret Sutherland.
Penguin Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment