Highlights from this week:
What didn't work:
1. Not 'bothering' the hubby with my hsing challenges
2. Getting too academic focusing on a checklist
3. Not beginning the week fully prepared and organized
4. Revising my lesson plan form a 3rd time
5. Getting more boxes for organization
6. Taking Wednesday morning to craft with no specific goal in mind then to have fun
7. M exclaiming "a" to the lower case one this morning :-) He only could recognize the capital letter before that
8. Reading the bible with my boys every morning, praying and listening to praise music during the day
9. for M: sidewalk chalk & race car track numbers
For Mommy: finger painting with my son will be an experience I treasure in my heart for the rest of my life
10. for M: too many flashcards
For Mommy: Trying to fit every alphabet activity I have ever read, seen or heard about in to one week
Rewards this week from homeschooling:
11. M trying to repeat the word 'Proverbs' from our memory verse of the week
12. Finding the story of Abraham and Sarah in 6 different children's bible's we already had in the house.
13. Had time for a play date at our house
14. Knowing my husband is my partner in this journey to educate our children from home.
Challenges of the week:
14. Moments of feeling isolated in not being able to bounce ideas in person with another teacher. The blog world is great, I think it will help once we join a co-op.
Tip for the week:
15. I freed up two bins to store the materials for each of the two themes for the week. All I have to do now is stock them at the beginning of the week. Pull one down and go :-)