Thursday, September 22, 2011

What Mom Learned


What Mom Learned

Highlights from this week:

What didn't work:
1. Two sick little boys under the age of 2
2.  Sleep deprived mommy

What did work:
4. Finding a rhythm 
5. Using separate tubs to put my materials for each subject
6. Craft Wednesday

What makes all the hard work worth while:
7.  This afternoon, M started saying 'white' as I pointed out a group of colors
8.  Reading the bible with my boys every morning, praying and listening to praise music during the day. --It's completely worth repeating from last week

Best Projects:
9. for M:  craft laces- He played with that for 15 minutes. 
For Mommy: Hearing giggles, watching him dig in to the craft box.

Worst Projects:
10.  for M: The pattern activity. 
For Mommy:  Just remember to put wet wipes in the craft box so I don't have to go hunt them down while painting.

Rewards this week from homeschooling:
11.  The sorting and concentration games seem to be making a bit of sense to M.
12. Realizing our 100 Ways to Know God Loves Me book and CD does outline God's promises to us which is something I wanted to add to our list.
13. Being able to read so many great books every day. 
14. M asking me to read more bible stories

Challenges of the week:
14.  Introducing the concepts of color to a left brainer will need more time. Next week on the schedule is the letter C and the shape is circle. M already identifies both the upper and lower case as well as that shape very well. So, while we may still do some fun things for those concepts, we will continue to work on the color black. Any tips out there? I've googled and gone through my material on hand. I have been asking mommies with older kiddos, a preschool teacher and an art major friend for some fresh fun ideas. We had fun this week despite both little ones being sick. In hind sight, introducing two colors in one week wasn't the best idea for us. 

Tip for the week:
15.  Small spurts of  focused attention balanced with giggling fun is the kind of learning environment I have been praying to provide. Thank you Lord, for this amazing opportunity to educate my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment